PE & Sport Premium
Physical Education and sport is an area where children can experience and enjoy success. We promote physical activity as an important contributor to a healthy lifestyle, thus encouraging our children to see the importance of lifelong physical activity.
Each year the schools receive PE and Sports Premium funding. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
We use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit children joining the school in future years
For example, we use the funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, and Cool Kids club
- sign post parents to holiday clubs
- run sport competitions
- run sports activities with other school