The School Facilities
Wrockwardine Wood Infant School and Nursery is a Local Authority maintained school for children aged 3-7 years old. The school was opened in September 1953 and serves the areas of Trench and Wrockwardine Wood in Telford. The school admission number is 70 which means there are some classes with mixed year groups. A 30 place nursery was added to the school in 1988.
Adjoining the school building are the office rooms of Wrockwardine Wood and Trench Parish Council. The parish room and school hall are used for various community activities during the week and are available for private hire at certain times. Please contact the Parish clerk on 01952 316363.
The School Learning Environment
Enviable grounds incorporating a traditional playground, an adventure playground, an allotment, grassed area and wildlife area are utilised to full potential during the school day.
The original building has been refurbished in several stages, and includes:
7 well equipped self-contained classrooms with outdoor learning area
a large hall used for assemblies, PE, special events and lunchtimes
a reference library
a school kitchen
a general purpose room
learning support areas (Rainbow room 1 &2)
a Nurture Group (The Den)
a children's cookery area
- a school office and Headteacher's office
The nursery is a self-contained unit with its own entrance but with access for staff to the main building.
High quality resources and displays of children's work are also an important feature of the physical environment.