‘Love, Laugh, Learn’
Resourcefulness, Reciprocity, Reflectiveness, Resilience
The loving attachments between a child and their family are the most powerful influence on a child’s wellbeing and development so here at Wrockwardine Wood Infant School & Nursery we seek to complement these attachments. We believe that positive relationships and a sense of belonging are the keys to success for all children. Good relationships, within which children learn to feel secure, trust and regulate, are vital for learning to take place.
Our aim is for children to thrive in a setting that has the children’s interests at the heart of all that is offered, resulting in high levels of motivation, where every child acquires and consolidates skills and knowledge at their highest level. As educators, we endeavour to create spaces and experiences that are meaningful, well planned and offer appropriate levels of challenge so children can become deeply involved in their learning, play and exploration.
Across our federation we strive to build a place that is unified; a place that embraces diversity, challenge, and change. We aspire to a vision and practice that is collaborative in spirit and constructed in partnership with all children, families, and staff.
We want our children to:
- love learning, life, and each other
- embrace each other’s differences and to be good citizens and make a positive contribution to society.
- be creative and innovative so they can solve problems in their learning and life.
- value teamwork and the strength in working together.
- be motivated, resilient and to achieve excellence through determination and hard work.
- demonstrate behaviour that shows respect for themselves, others and for the environment in which they live.
- feel safe and to have the confidence to be honest with us themselves and each other.
- achieve and be the best they can be
Follow the link to read more about what our vision and aims looks like in action