Our Healthy Families practitioner helps to educate our families around nutrition and lifestyle and how parents can make healthier sustainable choices for their child’s future.
Our practitioner will support families with these changes by covering a variety of topics such as:
- portion control
- food labels
- physical activity
- role modelling
- goal setting and rewards.
If you would like a chat with our Health Families practitioner she will be in school every Monday. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
The following sites my help you get started but should you find you need some additional support please contact the Healthy Lifestyles team to arrange an appointment.
- Visit the NHS website to check your body mass index (BMI) by using the BMI healthy weight calculator.
- Visit the Change4Life website to discover sugar swaps, healthy recipes, nutritional advice and top tips and activities to help your kids stay healthy.
- Visit the NHS website for advice on how to help your children stay a healthy size as they grow.
- Visit the Infant & Toddler Forum website for a guide on how much food to offer your 1 - 4 year olds.
- Visit the BEAM website to find emotional health and well-being service for young people under 25 years old who are registered with a GP in Shropshire, Telford or Wrekin.
- Visit the Mums Matter website to find their perinatal mental health service designed and developed by mums for mums.
Check out social media to see what is happening about health in Telford and Wrekin